Saturday, March 25, 2006

I'm not dead yet!

I'm soooooooo incredibly glad that this term is pretty much over. it's such a relief to be able to sit down and take a breather for once. As such, I also have time to update!

As far as various competitions go;

Debate is almost over with. we have our last competition next weekend. Unfortunately it just happens to be right over conference weekend. In my three years competing with debate there has not been a year that one of our tournaments has been scheduled in conflict with conference. My sophomore year it was on districts weekend and Spencer Hermansen brought a radio with him, meaning that we were sitting in a side hall of a Catholic school listening to LDS conference, which was incredibly humorous in enough itself. I'm planning on doing the same this year, though I don't know how well it will turn out. Also, Addison and Justin came by the school yesterday, which was incredibly fun, I've missed seeing both of them around. *hint hint - Justin and Addison need to show up more often - hint hint* Addison is trying to come to districts for debate, which would make the whole think better.

With Mock trial, we managed to make it to semis, though I don't know how much of a chance we have. The judge who hated the Prosecution side of the argument last time we preformed just happens to be our main judge for semis. This means that we have the disadvantage of being on the prosecution side again, but now at least we know some tricks to get higher points with him. *crosses fingers*

I'm also soooo glad that Acadec is over and I don't have to worry about it anymore. The competition was really fun, especially the parts where we weren't competing, but it was a bit of a hassle. At the end of it we managed to scrape 29 (I think) medals, and everyone came home with at least one. I got a silver in Speech, and a bronze in literature, Interview, and, strangely enough, in math. I think the Math one was my favorite as I pretty much bubbled in the entire test^^; much fun.

As for the rest, I can't believe how incredibly lonely it is without the choir people , particularly Bekah, Richard, and Adam. On the one hand you wouldn't believe how unclogged the hallways feel, but I want them all back.

And now, I'm off to do packets so I have a possibility of graduating. Love you all!

1 comments:

marmalade_beth said...

w00t! for acadec! and yea! for packet parties! and dude, if you ever need to talk to someone to drive away the packetness, I'm always here. I'll willingly either distract from or listen to complaints about packets. (or anything really). have a swell day!

Post a Comment