Sunday, July 16, 2006

musings

After church and assorted meanderings, me, Hadley, Adam and Mike all drove through the canyon in Hadley’s convertible. It has now been declared that everyone should ride through the canyon in a convertible at least once in their lives. 
There’s something so infinitely cleansing and rejuvenating about feeling the wind in your hair as you look up into the towering mountain heights, humming along with the gorgeous 4 part harmony playing on the radio. I spent half our drive with my eyes closed and my head tilted back just breathing in life. It’s a serenity that’s so hard to find and hold in my busy life, yet it’s a five minute drive from my house. How lucky and blessed can you get? In a drive like that all my troubles completely and totally disappear. It’s the feeling of being in love with the world so much that you could die right then and there’d hardly be a transition into the next life and the welcoming arms of heaven. It’s looking up and thinking that all is right and that a God who could create so much calm, persistent, and majestic beauty wouldn’t - couldn’t make a mistake. That, my friends, is true serenity.

0 comments:

Post a Comment