Tuesday, August 22, 2006

And thus, the end of a monumental summer.

First a re-cap:
Summer 2006
*Actually graduated!!! (despite finding out the day before that I actually could)
*Went to Euba lake with friends for an amazing senior day
*Got a steady job that kept me busy
*Joined a single's ward that I love (Thank you Bekah!)
*Went Ice Blocking for the first time
*Cried for over 3 hours straight
*River rafted for the first time on a green river trip
*Crashed several wedding receptions and one family reunion, as well as showing up everyone with mad mad dancing skills (Cameron you're amazing!)
*Drove up the canyon in a convertible
*Got my college schedule worked out
*Went to Seattle for a week and fell in love with it
*Dealt with assorted drama
*Was in a movie as a nun

It's amazing how different I feel.  Random simple things give me this overwhelming feeling of contentment, and such occurrences are more frequent than they ever have been in the past.  the levels of understanding and respect between me and my parents are increasing.  I feel artistic fro the first time in so long.  For the most part I am generally happier with who I am and where I'm going, despite the uncertainty that I'm sure to face.  For once I can see a plan for my future ahead of me and I'm content to have it unfold without worrying over it.   
This fall I will be taking 15 credits over at UVSC.  I'll be living at home, working MWF from 10AM to 6PM, and commuting to school on tuesdays and thursdays which are scheduled like so:
8:30-9:45 AM Argumentation
10:00-11:15 Biology
11:30-12:45 Drama
1:00-2:15 Meteorology
2:30-3:45 English
I plan to take 15 more credits next semester, then 10 next summer, at which time, if everything goes well, I will have my associates in Pre-professional with a focus on law.  I will move out next fall, then continue two more years to get my Bachelors in somethingorother.  After that I will be going to BYU's law school for three more years, at which time I will be able to leave school behind to pursue my career.  There are variables of marriage, children, and mission, which have not been fully planned, but which I will meet when they come.

Wow.  The above is mostly for my own reflection.   It somehow makes it even less intimidating to write it all down.  I've really loved seeing so many friends over the summer and I won't leave that off in the school year.  I'm planning on making several visits to USU to visit people there.  you are now forewarned and I expect a couch to be ready at my beck and call ~_^  I really can't wait to grow from real life experience, and giving real life a little taste of me.


0 comments:

Post a Comment