Friday, July 25, 2003

Could I be any more conspicuous? --;;;;;;;;

Sorry about the sappiness of this. And just for this in general.

I felt sick. Completely sick. There was a hole in the pit of my stomach and a burning ache in my heart. Tears coursed uncontrollably down my face as the soft spoken voices of the countless dead rand in my ears. It was all my fault. Endless people were dying because of me and my selfish, foolish, nonsense ideas of "love and peace." Faces danced in front of my eyes; friends I'd known since they were children, kids with so much to learn, so many things to live for... Guilt tightened its hold on my chest. I gasped and caughed, squeezing my eyes shut tight. Images I've long since tried to forget sprang into my vision. Memories whirled and spun, each as painful as the next, causing my head to want to burst. My eyes shot open as my mind halted on the fact that people were losing their lives, the most precious thing anyone can posess, because of me. Because I was alive. Huddled and shaking now, I opened my mouth and screamed. Screamed for each and every lost second of life, for all their pain, the pain of those they left behind, for the pain of my decisions. I'm so confused. There's an alternative burried somewhere in my subconcious, but I haven't dug deep enough to find it yet. Spiders...Butterflys...There's a way to save them both. There's a way...

0 comments:

Post a Comment