Tuesday, June 7, 2005

*rolls eyes*

This is an e-mail I've just recieved:

Dear Beloved,
Due to the sudden death of my husband General
Abacha the former head of state of Nigeria in
June 1998, I have been thrown into a state of
hopelessness by the present administration.I have
lost confidence with anybody within my country.
I got your contacts through personal research,
and had to reach you through this medium.
I will give you more details when you reply.
Due to security network placed on my daily
affairs I cant visit the embassy so that is
why I have contacted you.
My husband deposited $12.6million dollars with
a security firm abroad whose name is witheld for
now till we communicate.
I will be happy if you can receive this funds
and keep it safe I assure you 20% of this fund.
I will need your tel/ fax numbers so that we can
commence communication. Please reach me via my
private email address of:
*removed for the safety of your computer and mine*
Please expedite action and please keep this
transaction very confidential.

Yours,
Hajia Mariam.


The question is why in the world would you entrust $12.6 million dollars in the hands of a 17 year old?

4 comments:

failon said...

No, the real question is why people still fall for this one after 5 years.
I'm sure said dumbbutts exist, simply because these emails keep being sent...
*shrug*

failon said...

Another thing... Is it just me or is "Hajia Mariam" a Arabic-Hebrew hybrid name?
*strokes chin thoughtfully before laughing pants off*

anischmidt said...

Funnily enough some of my parent's friends fell for a scam a lot like this one.

marmalade_beth said...

tee hee
I have seen this email a million times. Not that version though. I somehow think that that IS quite possibly the stupidest version I have read.

Post a Comment