Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Ancient history

I've been keeping myself busy over the past few days. I have never been one to keep a journal. my posts jump back and forth so much, so that I resolve that I'm going to keep one, and my next entry isn't for another year. However, I have been pretty good with electronic media.
My first blog was on livejournal with the good old Tent E gang. It was started after Aubrey and I went to go watch Holes in the movie theater, and decided that we wanted cool nicknames too! Me (Fang), Aubrey (Pockets), Jenni (Hairball), Cameron (Flip), Austin, (Spaz), Mike (GusGus), Adam (Glitch), Marianne (UK or Red), Lou (Chotti) and Alyssa (Mole). Thus, a blog was founded where we could talk about our lives. The logistics of that many people all sharing a blog are kind of staggering to think of now. And yet, it worked.

After that, we mostly all split up to our separate blogs, and I switched to a livejournal entitled suffrinsucatash. This one was mine and mine alone! I started out strong with it, but faded as I got caught up with life in general. With the two blogs still active I didn't post much, but I did keep up a running email back and forth with Sven that spanned about two years. I saved every last email in a word document, and if you ignore the sappy romantic stuff, It's probably the best record I have of that time in my life.
While working at Bluehost I kind of started another blog, this time a wordpress. I liked it, but it never got far. I got married, and didn't really have then energy to write much.
We move out to MN for Alan's job with APX, and I started this blogger blog to join the hip crowd of APX wives. I've kept it ever since.

So suddenly yesterday while I was updating this blog I thought back to all of those posts, and realized I really didn't want to lose them. Ever since then I have been trying to get my old posts and such into this blog. I have been able to transfer most of them to wordpress, so that I have backup number one, but I'm also trying to transfer them here, which is proving to be difficult as Blogger doesn't really play very nice with the other blog programs. Wish me luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment