Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Glass Etching

I have been inspired.

It all started today when I was looking for some cute sayings to etch on the bottom of my pyrex dishes for Enrichment tomorrow.  I could just do my last name, but I would rather do something like this


Or


Those links take you to A Girl with a Glue Gun.  Her tutorials are great and super easy to follow!

Oh but then, I came across this lovely web site.   Chris Sommer is a wiz with glass etching!  As a warning, there are some glass etched topless mermaids on there, so the site isn't 100% safe for work.  I now have a goal to be as amazing as him at it!  I'm going to start training by getting a bunch of dollar store picture frames and mirrors and practicing.  I'll post the ones I don't use personally on Etsy, so I can pass all of my supplies as "a way to bring in a little extra money" rather than a vain attempt to boost my crafty self.  I mean seriously!  Aren't these fabulous?

I would kill for this bathroom.  Pity mine doesn't have glass doors.

etchedglass-flower-closeup-door.jpg (792×593)
So pretty!  And this one I could probably actually do with my Cricut really easily.


I love how much detail he puts into it.  I don't know if I could get to the point of where mine look this good, but I could so handle the solid shapes ones.




Would anyone be interested if I did any glass etching?  I was thinking of doing something similar to this for a first attempt.  I would be happy to take requests, and it would be a great starter project.



What do you think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment