Friday, August 20, 2010

Android

Have I mentioned before how fabulous Android is? Oh let me count the ways!

I got my first android phone back in April of 2009. The G1, which I still have to this day (I plan to switch to sprint when my contract expires) is rather clunky, but totally worth it for the touch screen, plus the full keyboard which I LOVE.
I've had it in a case with a screen protector nearly every minute since I got it, and I would recommend it to everyone! It is so worth the extra bulk. I am someone who is prone to dropping a new phone seconds after I pay for it, so it was definitely worth it for me.

I won't go over all of the lovliness of the Android market, because it's basically old news, but I will mention the app that initiated this post: Kindle for Android!

I mean, honestly, is this not amazing! I personally am not one of those people who are Nazi's about having a physical book - I'm way more about convenience. I read books on my phone all the time right now, but I've been limited as to which books were available for cheap. One of my main reservations with the kindle is that it's freaking expensive, so you have to buy a ton of books to justify the cost of the reader. With this, I can get the books for cheap, they're with me wherever I go, and that also means one less piece of technology that I need to carry around with me.

I think this illustrates my point, and those are just some of the things that it can do! So for all those people that complain that Android phones are clunky, I say to you neener-neener!

I'm way excited about it! I've already ordered Mockingjay on it, so it will automatically upload to my phone when it releases, and is about half the price of buying the book in the store, or ordering it online with same day shipping.

Ani=content

0 comments:

Post a Comment